To facilitate participation in Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting events around the world, we would like to introduce you with this new tool, the Events Calendar. There are two components to it, a public part and an internal part:
1) The Events Calendar (public part) will act as a resource for Member Organizations. It will give an overview of key WAGGGS, World Centre (WC) and Member Organization events. This includes WAGGGS trainings, advocacy events, WC events and international events organized by Member Organizations. We hope that the Events Calendar will be a useful resource to help plan what events Member Organizations can attend and act as a key promotional tool for WAGGGS and WC events. It will also act as a resource for staff and volunteers in WAGGGS so they are better informed of events around the world.
The Events Calendar will be available in three ways:
- Online www.wagggs.org/en/events - everybody who is responsible for an event should submit information about their event to appear in this online calendar.
- PDF on website and Members Area: WAGGGS will produce an updated PDF file event calendar every four months and update the PDF file online. Including Regional and WC microsites.
- Printed: WAGGGS will print the Events Calendar in limited numbers every year (for Regional Conferences in 2013, and World Conference in 2014)
The calendar will be published in the Events section on the WAGGGS website, and sent out to all Member Organizations three times per a year via the monthly newsletter WAGGGS Today.
2) The Activity planner (internal part) will act as an aid for WAGGGS’ global and Regional structures to better understand the spirit of the movement and how activities flow within the Member Organizations. For this reason, please share and list your main national activities (ideally: date, name of event, size and short description of event): National Assemblies, Leaders meetings and trainings, Rover/Ranger gatherings, etc.
Please complete the template about International events, make a list of your activities and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are three following deadlines to send information to be included in the updated file:
- 15 March (updated calendar will be distributed by 15 April)
- 15 July (updated calendar will be distributed by 15 August)
- 15 November (updated calendar will be distributed by 15 December)
For the first edition we kindly ask you to submit your information by 10 December 2012 (the first edition will be produced at the beginning of January 2013)
We encourage you to announce your event as early as possible!