TITLE: TROOP SERVICES SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: TROOP SERVICES DIRECTOR
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent develops, retains, and increases girl/adult membership in assigned area and for assigned demographic groups; recruits and provides ongoing support to volunteers; assists in developing and implementing plans for membership extension in all markets; represents and extends Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, collaborative efforts, and networking; and ensures the Girl Scout Leadership Experience is accessible within assigned area or for specific demographic groups.
1) Deliver and extend Girl Scout program through the cultivation, recruitment, and retention of girl and adult members.
2) Extend membership to contribute to the growth of the racial and ethnic diversity of the Girl Scout membership by ensuring that assigned areas work to provide access.
3) Cultivate the community by maintaining contacts on an ongoing basis with local religious and educational institutions, cultural and racial groups, and service, professional, and other organizations in assigned areas.
4) Retain girl and adult members by effective methods of recruiting, training, supervising, coaching, and supporting Girl Scout volunteers in assigned areas.
5) Contribute to the council membership objectives and plan of work; provide reports as required by supervisor.
6) Support the council’s fund development efforts.
1) Willingness to maintain the standards, carries out the mission, and adheres to the policies of Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. and Girl Scouts of Frontier Council.
2) Bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, management, public administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience in volunteer management.
3) Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
4) Demonstrated experience in working with diverse groups of volunteers, staff and community organizations.
5) Bilingual Spanish candidates highly desirable.
Fulltime, exempt position, must maintain a flexible schedule. Candidate must provide own transportation. We are an equal opportunity employer. Salary: DOE
Send Girl Scout application to: Patti Anderson
Human Resources Officer
Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada
2941 Harris Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
Application can be located at www.girlscoutsnv.org - click on Careers